Section 508 compliance Testing Services
Our Section 508 compliance testing services ensure that your products, such as web sites, web applications, software and hardware comply with the Section 508 requirements. We can audit your product and help you bring it to full Section 508 compliance.
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act requires products to be made accessible when they are developed, procured, maintained or used by the U.S. federal government. This requirement applies to vendors who contract to the government. We can help you comply with all of the Section 508 standards, such as:
- Software applications and operating systems
- Web-based intranet and internet information and applications
- Telecommunications products
- Video and multimedia products
- Self contained, closed products
- Desktop and portable computers
- Information, Documentation, and Support
Currently the Section 508 standards are being rewritten. We can help you comply with the new standards before they come into effect.
Our Section 508 compliance services can help government contractors and vendors:
- Get ahead of your competitors by making your products Section 508 compliant
- Increase your appeal to government agencies by addressing Section 508 compliance in your RFP
- Decrease your costs by incorporating Section 508 compliance into your products from the design process
- Advertise your product with a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) to show Section 508 compliance
- Host your VPAT in our free directory
We can help you achieve full compliance.
Our compliance testing process includes the following steps:
- An initial evaluation of your product
- Composing a project plan
- A thorough compliance testing of your product
- A detailed report describing how to bring the product to Section 508 compliance
- Implementing the necessary changes
- A reevaluation of your product and further work as needed until it is in full compliance
Your detailed Section 508 compliance report includes:
- A list of elements of your product which does not comply with Section 508
- The specification of the Section 508 violation
- A description of the violation
- One or more recommendations to solve the problem
- And of course, an accessibility consultant who is available on the phone or personally to discuss any questions you have
Contact us, let us know how we can help, and get started today.